2018 Beat Jake Ciely Best Score
OverviewWelcome to your Fantrax NFL Points Beat Jake Ciely Best Score League! The purpose of this game is to draft a team of 20 NFL players. Each Period the system will pick your optimum lineup. No in-season moves, just draft and watch! You will compete against the other managers in your 12- team league for league prizes. It's that simple! If at any time you have any questions that are not addressed in our rules or FAQ pages, please don't hesitate to contact us using our Support/Feedback Form and you will be responded to promptly.
You can remove yourself from a league that is not yet full (meaning there are fewer than 12 entered) anytime up until the league fills. Go to the OTHER menu item and click on Quit League. Once the league is filled to 12 teams you may not cancel your entry. Only full leagues of 12 will compete, but it is very rare for a league to not fill. Should our system algorithm determine ahead of time that the league is highly unlikely to fill, the league will be dissolved and your entry fee will immediately be credited to your Fantrax Account (this is extremely rare), which can be used toward any Fantrax game or product, or you can withdraw it in one of the available forms (e.g. check, Paypal).
Please note that apart from removing yourself from the league per the above paragraph, refunds for entry can not be given for any reason, including (but not limited to) the shortening of the season (see Disclaimer below). By joining, you are agreeing to play the season out regardless of ultimate season length or any other circumstances.
As this is a Slow Draft league, time needs to be allowed for the draft to complete before the season starts. Should the league not fill by Saturday, August 25, 2018, the league will be disbanded and your entry fee will be immediately refunded to your Fantrax Account.
Forming Your Team
This is a Slow Draft league. Everything works the same as a "standard" draft, except that you will receive an email when it is your turn to pick. The draft will begin at ???? the day after the league fills. All draft positions will be randomly assigned as soon as the league fills, and that order will appear along the top inside the Draft Room. To enter the Draft Room, click the Draft Room link. The draft time for your league will be shown at the top of your league home page. Please try to arrive early, so that you can prepare your draft queue and strategy before the draft begins.
Your league will conduct a 20-round live online slow draft to determine the rosters for each team. Each manager has 4 hours to make a pick, and the clock "sleeps" between 12:00 am and 8:00 am. During the sleep time, the timer does not count down, but you can still make a pick. Should you not make a pick within the allotted time, a player will be auto-drafted for you, based on your draft queue, and if that is empty, based on the main player ranking/stat view above.
Please note that the time allowed per pick (timer) will be shortened if necessary in the late rounds to allow for the draft to end prior to the first game of the season. A post will be made in the Draft Room chat notifying you of this change.
Each team manager will select a squad in real time with the other managers in the league. Each manager will draft one player per round until their team's roster is full. The draft order reverses each round, so the manager that starts the first round ends the second, and the manager that ends the first round starts the second, and so on.
If you can't be present for the draft, click on the Rank Players link. If you can't make a selection at any time during the live draft, your pre-ranked players will be used in the order you selected them, as long as they are still available. If you run out of pre-ranked players or choose not to pre-rank, the Fantrax default rankings will be used to fill your roster.
You can also set up a draft queue for yourself inside the Live Draft room. This list of players, which supersedes both your pre-rankings and default rankings, is used to make a selection if you don't draft a player during your allotted time.
To draft a player straight from the main player listing, simply click on the green "+" circle next to the player's name, select the position from the drop-down box that you wish to draft him too, then click PICK. You may also click the queue icon to the right of the player's name to move him to your draft queue. Use the same process to draft from your queue by clicking on the green "+" circle beside the player's name. You have 4 hours to draft a player once it becomes your turn to pick. If you don't draft a player within the allotted time, the system automatically drafts a player for you that legally fills your roster from your draft queue. If your draft queue is empty, the highest ranked player that legally fills your roster will automatically be drafted from the main player listing, which is based on your pre-rankings (if any) and Fantrax's default rankings, in that order. Once you click OK you cannot "undraft" a player, even if there is time left in your pick.
If you do not want the system to force you to fill your Active slots first (whether drafting live or on auto-pick), be sure to disable the "Fill Active Slot First" icon at the top of your Roster section.
There is a maximum number of players at each position that can be drafted (for example you can not draft 20 Running Backs). See the max limits for each position in the Roster Setup section below.
To meet legal requirements for this league/contest, your roster can not solely consist of players who are on the same professional team.
Managing Your Team
|Running Back (RB)
|Wide Receiver (WR)
|Tight End (TE)
|Team Defense (TmD)
Note: Though scored, the RWT (Running Back, Wide Receiver, Tight End) flex position will not be drafted. See Scoring section below.
Lineup PeriodsLineup Periods begin with the first NFL game each Period. Each Lineup Period encapsulates all games up until the next Lineup Period begins. Each Period the system will use the optimal lineup based on points scored by each player during the Period.
- If a game is suspended and then completed in a different Period, stats from that game will count towards the Period it originally took place in, meaning player(s) counted may change retroactively.
- The last day of the contest is on Monday, December 24, 2018.
Claiming & Dropping PlayersNew player claims are not allowed. Trading is also not allowed.
You will play the entire season with the 20 players you draft.
Activating and Reserving Players (Start/Bench switches)
Each player on your roster is considered a "starter". There are no start/bench switches in this league.
Your Fantasy team is comprised of real-life NFL players, and the statistics that those players accumulate are based on their real-life performances throughout the course of this contest. The scoring system that is used in this contest can be viewed in the League Rules Summary screen, Scoring section. Several statistical categories are tracked, and each one is assigned a specific point value. The Fantasy points from the top players on your roster are then totaled to give your team its overall point total each Period. The team with the highest accumulated point total at the end of the season wins.
This is a Count Best (aka Best Ball) league. Only the top 9 of your 20 players on your roster will count towards your point total each Period, broken down as follows:
Wide Receiver (WR) - Top 3
Running Back/Wide Receiver/Tight End (RWT) (RB,WR,TE) - Top 1
Quarterback (QB) - Top 1
Team Defense (TmD) - Top 1
Tight End (TE) - Top 1
Running Back (RB) - Top 2
After your top-scoring position players are counted based on the above constraints, the top remaining Running Back, Wide Receiver or Tight End on your roster will be counted towards the RWT position.
- Players will only earn Fantasy points for official NFL regular season games, starting on Thursday, September 6, 2018 and ending on Monday, December 24, 2018. Stats from any game played after this date will not count. Please note that the resumption of a suspended game is not considered a "game played" and can occur after this date.
- All Active players will accumulate Fantasy points for their team regardless of what position they're playing at on their NFL team.
- Stats are accumulated weekly for your players. Stats begin accumulating on the first game starting from Thursday and ending the following Wednesday.
- In the event that any game is postponed or canceled for any reason and the game is not played on or before the following Wednesday, players on the teams in the postponed/canceled game will receive no stats for that week.
- Only points scored by the opposing offense will count against Points Allowed by your Team Defense.
- For Team Defense scoring, a Defensive Team Touchdown is a touchdown scored on a defensive team fumble recovery, an interception, a blocked punt, or a blocked kick. A Special Teams Touchdown is a touchdown scored on a kick return or a punt return. Team Defensive/Special Teams Touchdowns do NOT include touchdowns scored on an offensive team fumble recovery, a faked extra point, or a faked field goal.
- Two point conversion points are awarded to the player passing, rushing or receiving the conversion.
- All stats & scores on every page (Team Roster, Players, League Standings, etc.) are updated in real-time except for the Overall Standings page, which is updated every few minutes.
- Stat Correction Handling: Official Scoring changes/stat corrections made by the NFL could increase or decrease Fantasy point totals, and will be applied retroactively if they come in by 8pm ET on the Wednesday following the last game of each Period. These Official Scoring changes can be found by going to Other --> All Options --> Stat Corrections.
- All stats and standings will be final on Wednesday at 8pm ET following the last day of the league's season. Any stat corrections that occur after that time will not be reflected in the final scores or standings.
Prizes for this league can be found in the League Rules Summary, Prizes section.
- Cash prizes are awarded in U.S. dollars.
- In the case of a tie, winnings will be split equally between those tied. For example, if there is a 2-way tie for 1st place, the winnings will be distributed as follows to each of the 2 teams: (1st place prize + 2nd place prize)/2.
- Results become official at 8pm ET on the Wednesday following the final game of the season league's season.
- Prize winnings will be posted to your Fantrax Account approximately one to three days AFTER RESULTS BECOME OFFICIAL (meaning approximately 4-6 days after the league's season ends). You can then choose to withdraw those funds via check or Paypal.
Should the NFL season be shortened in any way for any reason (including late start, interruption/resumption, and/or play (the season, for clarity) permanently halted early), it shall be deemed an official completed Fantasy season for the purposes of this league as long as at least 8 regular season games are played by any NFL team. Should the NFL regular season officially end early with at least 8 games played by any team, payouts will be distributed based on current ranking in league at the time NFL play is permanently halted. Should no NFL team reach 8 regular season games played, it will not be deemed an official completed Fantasy season and your entry fee will be refunded to your Fantrax account.
Acts of Nature/Unforeseen Events
Should any unforeseen circumstances arise in which a season is shortened, suspended or canceled, Fantrax reserves the right to make decisions regarding your league on a case by case basis. These decisions may go against the rules posted above, but will be handled in the fairest manner possible. You will be notified via email and by league message as to any course of action which may be taken regarding your league.
FAQHere is a list of answers to frequently asked questions that you might find helpful:
Where can I change my team name?
After you've accessed your league, you can change your team name in Team -->Settings.
How do I contact customer support?
Send us an email via the Support/Feedback link on the site.
Are trades allowed in these games?
No, trades are not allowed in any of the Classic Draft games, as trades allow for collusion/cheating. There are several measures in place to prevent potential collusion. Still, should Fantrax find evidence of attempted collusion, the manager(s) will be disqualified and the entry fee(s) will not be refunded.
How do I access my leagues draft room?
Once inside your league, click on the Draft Room link.
When does the draft order get set?
The draft order is randomly assigned as soon as the 12th team enters, and does not change thereafter.
What happens if my league isn't full at the deadline to join the contest?
The league will be disbanded and you will receive a full refund.
Can I quit my league? Will I receive a full refund?
Yes, you can quit your league via Other --> All Options --> Quit League up until the league fills. That is, once the league fills, you cannot quit anymore. After quitting, your Fantrax account will be refunded the full entry fee. You can access your Fantrax account by clicking on your personal icon (top right) then on the "Account" tab. From there, you can choose to withdraw any amount of those funds via check or Paypal.
EligibilityThe contest is open only to residents of the United States and Canada who are over the age of majority in your State, Province, or Territory of residence, and are legally allowed to play in their jurisdiction. It is also open to residents of other countries where this type of skill contest is legal. Employees of Fantrax or its parent companies and their immediate family are ineligible. All prize winners are subject to verification against these requirements. Fantrax reserves the right to determine eligibility, in its sole discretion, and the right to change eligibility requirements at any time if it determines that changes are necessary in order to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Skill ContestThis contest is a game of skill. The winners are determined by the participants who best exercise their skill, knowledge of the sport, and ability to make timely decisions to effectively manage their team.
- PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST: Implies acceptance of all the rules and stipulations outlined above and below.
- TERMS OF SERVICE: Entering the contest implies acknowledgement of, adherence to, and agreement with Fantrax's Terms of Service.
- TAXES: Any taxes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of prize winners.
- AVAILABILITY: Fantrax assumes no responsibility for: unavailability of website, Internet, or any other technical or human failures, including but not limited to computer viruses or other unauthorized interventions or tamperings, fraud, programming errors, cancelation/interruption/postponment/modification of professional/college sports season or individual events, errors on contest entrant's part.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Fantrax reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason, for example (but not limited to) collusion, tampering, hacking, ...
- CANCELLATION: Fantrax reserves the right to cancel this contest due to an act of God, war, fire, riot, terrorism, or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such a case, entry fees will be refunded to the user's Fantrax account (which can be withdrawn anytime), provided that the user has not violated any of these Terms of Service, in particular those specified in Section 15 above.
- PRIZE WINNERS: An official list of prize winners will be available on the website within 7 days after the statistics are finalized, after the contest has ended. Each prize will only be paid to the person who is identified by Fantrax as having submitted the entry for the Contest. Failure to submit accurate and complete information at any time may result in forfeiture of prizes. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted, except that Fantrax reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value or greater if the advertised prize is unavailable.
- EXPERIENCED PLAYERS: As part of the new regulatory legislation in New York (and potential outcomes in other States), it is a requirement to display all the experienced players in a league before joining. You will therefore see a list of these experienced players before you join if they are in the league you would like to join. We are displaying this regardless of where you reside so that everyone has equal opportunity to view this information.
- PROMOTION: By accepting any prize, the winners grant permission to Fantrax to use their names and/or likenesses for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation, (unless prohibited by law), and agree to execute a written consent.
- REFUND POLICY: Except in the case of Fantrax cancelling the contest as specified in the section above, all charges and fees (including but not limited to entry and transaction fees) are non-refundable.